Funky fruit cakes with cream cheese topping
Very easy to make & very low in sugar.
Makes 24 mini or 12 large Fruit Cakes
90 g butter or margarine
15 ml (1 Tbsp) brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
15 ml (1 Tbsp) honey
125 ml (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
125 ml (1/2 cup) wholewheat flour
2 ml (1/4 tsp) baking powder
100 ml (1/3 cup + 4 tsp) milk
3 small ripe bananas, mashed
125 ml (75 g) SAFARI raisins
30 g SAFARI dried fruit flakes
125 g cream cheese
30 m1 (2 Tbsp) icing sugar
3 ml (1/2 tsp) lemon juice
1. Preheat your oven to 180 °C. Spray inside of muffin tins or place cupcake cases (ungreased) in the tins.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add egg and honey and beat for a few minutes. Sift flours and baking powder and add bran left behind in sieve.
3. Add milk and mashed bananas, raisins and fruit flakes and mix well.
4. Divide mixture into the prepared tins or cases and bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, depending on the size.
5. Icing: Mix all the ingredients together until smooth. Spread over the cakes, sprinkle with ´edible glitter´ and serve.